Skip to content
- Max Planck Director (Oct 1, 2020 – Present, full time starting Jan 2021) Max Planck Institute for Astrophysics, Garching near Munich, Germany.
- Affiliated Scientist, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Aug 2019 – Present)
- Associate Professor (Aug 2019 – Dec 2020), Harvard University and Center for Astrophysics, Cambridge, MA, USA
- Associate Professor with Tenure (June 2018 – Aug 2019), University of Amsterdam
- PI of an ERC starting grant (2017-2019)
- Vidi laureate (2018-now).
- McGillavry Assistant Professor (Oct 2014 – May 2018), University of Amsterdam
- Marie Curie Reintegration Research Fellow, University of Amsterdam (April 2015 – April 2017)
- Einstein / Princeton Lyman Spitzer fellow at Carnegie Observatories and Visiting Scientist at Caltech (August 2013 – September 2014)
- Hubble fellow at NASA’s Space Science Telescope Institute and the Visiting Scientist Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD (November 2010 -July 2013)
- Argelander fellow at Bonn University, Germany (June 2010- November 2010)
- Intern student at Instituto d’Astrofysica de Canrias, Tenerife Spain (Summer 2004).
- Ph. D., Astrophysics, Utrecht University (April 2010, cum laude)
- MSc. in Astrophysics, Utrecht University (August 2005 cum laude)
- BSc. in Physics, Utrecht University (August 2005, cum laude)
- BSc. in Applied Mathematics, Utrecht University (August 2005, cum laude)
Fellowships, Honors, Awards (selection)
- 2020: Member of the Max Planck Society
- 2019: Pastoor Smeits prize.
- 2019: Elected as a member of the Dutch young academy of Sciences
- 2018: Aspasia grant laureate, awarded by Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO)
- 2017: Vidi laureate, awarded by the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO)
- 2017: MERAC prize in theoretical astrophysics, awarded by the European Astronomical Society
- 2016: Beller Lectureship, awarded by the American Physical Society
- 2016: ERC Starting grant, awarded by the European Research Council
- 2016: Nominated among top 25 Dutch Research talent by NewScientist.nl
- 2016: Top Grant, awarded by Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO)
- 2015: Marie Curie Fellowship, awarded by European Commission
- 2014: MacGillavry Fellowship, awarded by University of Amsterdam
- 2013: Einstein Fellowship, awarded by NASA
- 2013: Lyman Spitzer Prize Fellowship, awarded by Princeton University
- 2010: Hubble fellowship, awarded by NASA